Go to your nearest Collision reporting Centre to report the incident as soon as you can.
- If you are involved in an automobile accident there are few things you should do:
- If the accident is a serious one with injuries call 911 and get the proper help needed from Ambulance, Police and Fire
- If the accident is a minor one with no serious injuries
- Make sure the area around the car is safe
- Exchange information with the other driver. As most people have digital cameras on their mobile phones take CLEAR pictures of
- Their ownership
- The drivers licence
- Their insurance card
- The licence plate
- The damaged area of all cars involved
- The surrounding area or intersection
- If you do not have a phone then write the above information down on paper
- When you suffer damage from a fire, water or other insured peril the affect can be very stressful. You can alleviate a lot of the stress that comes from making an accurate claim for your personal property by taking time before a claim happens to make a personal electronic inventory. As most people have digital cameras it is easy to go around your home and take pictures of each room. Take time to take individual pictures of special high value items or collectibles. Open your closet doors, kitchen cupboards and take pictures of the contents. Don’t forget your garage, basement and any other area that you keep your personal stuff. You can even take a video, a walkie talkie if you will, so you can give descriptions for makes, models, serial numbers and any other distinguishing feature. Once you are done make sure to store this electronic inventory on media that is easy to read. Also store it in a safe place away from the home so it does not get damaged in a fire or other type of losses.
- When you suffer damage from a fire, water or other insured peril the affect can be very stressful. You can alleviate a lot of the stress that comes from making an accurate claim for your business property by taking time before a claim happens to make an electronic inventory that may back up your physical inventory. Most people have access to a digital camera which makes it easy to go around your business and record your inventory, office furniture, computers, building improvements and equipment by taking pictures and videos of your property. Take time to take individual pictures of special high value items or collectibles. Don’t forget any garage, basement and any other storage location where you keep your business property. Your video can give descriptions for makes, models, serial numbers and any other distinguishing features. Once you are done make sure to store this electronic inventory on media that is easy to read. Also store it in a safe place so it does not get damaged in a fire or other type of losses.
Insurance cost saving tips
Purchase higher deductibles
The economic savings of higher deductibles may offset the added risk of paying out more at the time of a claim and save you money in the long term.
- If you use winter tires let us know so we can apply the appropriate discount
- If you child is away at university let us know. You may be eligible for a distant student discount on your car insurance
- A discount is available for retired persons. Let us know so we can apply the discount. This change to retirement may also involve a change in use that could reduce your insurance cost further.
The Sharing Economy
- If you use your car for Uber, Uber Eats, Lyft or any other ride sharing service be sure to let us know. Failing to do so could result in a claim not being paid and causing serious consequences for you
- Many of us use this service when we travel and are very familiar with it. If you decide to rent out your property full time or part time let us know as there are specific changes that must occur to your property insurance to make sure you are properly protected.